Monday, September 2, 2013

Our will is ours to direct...

The phrase of God that hit me in my reading this morning was "I will..."  Both chilling and comforting, those words are the voice of God Himself.  For me, it is both chilling and comforting that He sees and He will act.  Comforting because I see so much sin and chilling because I know it is in me as well.  But the comforting is:  He is in charge. 

And as the old saying goes, 'the proof is in the pudding.'  When all is said and done, there will be sweetness in the results.  What God does, He does with perfection.

And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD.  Ezekiel 14:23
 
Sometimes the world breaks my heart.  I do not like what I see.  I do not understand what I see.  I do not know what to do.  Then, I remember, God said "I will..."  He's got this!
 
Christ came to do the will of the Father.  And that will is perfect and good, but it includes heartache and pain.  Will you trust His will...will you commit to do His will?   On our own, we can not.  With the help of the Spirit, we can. His will is powerful and perfect; I commit my will to seeking His.  Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment