Friday, July 5, 2013

Knowing ourselves...makes us long to know God

A sweet thought from the midst of the passages of judgment...when we 'see' ourselves and face the shame of going without God, He works!  He offers the same pillar of fire and cloud for direction & shelter that the Israelites had on their journey to the Promised Land

The south has made me incredibly thankful for shade, and life itself has taught me how easily I can be misguided.  I welcome the conviction and judgment BECAUSE I desperately need His shelter and direction.  Eve ate of the Tree because she wanted to know 'good and evil.'  I think God allowed that to happen because He knew that real 'knowing' will break our hearts and bring us back to Him.  Embrace the knowledge that we need Him and then enjoy His presence while we march together toward the Promised Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment