Monday, July 22, 2013

All Shook Up!

Last Friday a friend of mine wrote about 'shaking' in the Bible...and I must have come across the word 'shake' a dozen times since then.  I never knew it was in there so often.  It always amuses me how God brings things to our attention.  This morning I was so delighted to reach the scriptures in Isaiah that prophesy of the "root to spring up"--our blessed Savior.  In the midst of those passages though, there is a lot of shaking.  Sometimes I gaze too much at the shaking in my life--and in the lives around me--forgetting that there is a good and glorious purpose. 

"And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us:  this is the LORD we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."  v 9, ch 25

The fear we feel, the pits we fall into and the snares that snatch us when we run are all for that day.  God wants our hearts fully resting on Him because that is the victory He plans.  Trusting in the One who controls it all--the One who orchestrates the shaking--keeps us in perfect peace (26:3). 

If you would enjoy a far more in-depth look at the shaking to come, check out my friend's blog: 

https://liftjesuscross.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/when-the-shaking-begins-where-will-you-be/

No comments:

Post a Comment