Saturday, August 2, 2014

Living a Lie

This piece tells a bit about the students I have the joy of working with at Christ Central Ministries.  It may bless you.  bj

"Can I tell you something really heavy?  With dark, pleading eyes, Kayshon asked, "You remember the boy who was killed two weeks ago?  You remember the kid who shot him...well, he was in my face the day before."  His voice trailed off as he mumbled, "It could have been me."  


Such stark confrontations with mortality seldom penetrate my comfortable, middle-class world.  I don't know how it feels to be shot or live with the fear that the next guy who walks by me might use the gun tucked in his waistband.  My young students understand all to well.  "I can't think.  I've got a lot going on," is a common story for my kids.   They live in a war-zone they do not know how to escape.

To read the rest, visit:  http://www.thebottomline.co/faith-religion/living-a-lie/

No comments:

Post a Comment