Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fully Alive!

I'm taking you on a little bunny trail today.  God has been doing some really cool things in my heart these last few weeks.  I am in a transition period of life where the kids are beginning to flap their wings to fly.  It's exciting as I learn to nudge without shoving :) and release them without fear.  Alongside that is preparing to flap my own wings again...and release the failures of the past into God's capable hands so I am free to move into His will.  Sounds more 'thrilling' than the practical aspects are but it does make my heart soar to know all is within His love. 

There are two 'study' pieces relating to this that may interest one or more of you.  The first is "Steps to Freedom in Christ" by Neil Anderson and the other a study by Ken Davis called "Fully Alive."  I never even realized there were any bonds I needed to break but as I've prepared those lessons, I have experienced a lightness and joy I didn't even know I was missing.  I believe it is the essence of the full and abundant life Jesus intended.  I'd love to know if that 'sales pitch' piques your interest enough for me to write a devo on each step as I walk through them.

The Davis study is beginning at our home tonight.  It builds on the 'abundant life' theme God seems to be speaking into my heart these days.

While you are all far away, I am going to share the questions with you because it is good stuff!  Your thoughts would be a joy to share in.  Thanks for allowing me space in your day!  Have a blessed one.

Questions to Lead us toward LIFE that is fully alive!

What is the first image that comes to mind when you hear the expression, "Fully Alive"?
  • When have you felt you were merely trudging through the paces of life?
  • What would you need to change in your life to feel like you were living it 'fully alive'?
  • Davis (will) point out that the passion to live is a God-given one.  Our question to ponder is how have we tried to live out that passion in the past?
  • Do you believe that the power of the resurrection is available to followers of Jesus now?
  • Where/when/in whom have you seen it?
  • What do you think Paul meant when he said, "...lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me."?
  • How do we reach out and lay hold of the life God means for us to live?
  • ACTION:
  • What 'stakes' in the ground can you identify...times in your life that you felt 'fully alive'? 
  • If it's hard to identify them, why?
  • If you see them, are they lining up in a way that points you in a specific direction?
  • What stakes do you want to drive in the ground for the future?  (Think in all dimension:  physical, spiritual, mental, social)
  • Do you need help driving a stake...how can we help one another?

No comments:

Post a Comment