Monday, October 7, 2013

Pure Heart!

Malachi has such wonderful truths.  It struck me how common it is to love God impurely...we people who have hearts that are desperately wicked and unknowable even to ourselves can easily mis-serve Him.  God says He was wearied by their words and offended by their sacrifices. 

Sometimes I wonder if any of us ever wholly seek His holiness.  And then I am reminded that I am His and He is mine.  He will guide and correct me...my imperfection is why Jesus came.  I can rest in Him.  So, I leave us with just a short note and prayer to pray before we launch into a day of rejoicing:

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23 and 24
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment