Monday, August 12, 2013

Transparent


Seeing honestly is my morning call.   Someone introduced me yesterday saying, ‘I guess she can’t get enough of God.’  That is such a true statement, and I wanted to be transparent about that with you.  I write, I serve, I teach, I go to church because I am needy.  I need to press toward God…I would slide away.  The beauty of all those things is they bless others because they are the will of God.  They come forth because I am weak.  How great is our God that He takes needs and brings blessings?
God gave Jeremiah work to do; he said “I can’t.  I’m just a child.”  But God gave him a different picture. 

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.”
God calls each of us to look honestly at our lives—so that we will come to Him.  That was the message God gave Jeremiah for the people.  He begged them (begs us) to look at foolish pursuits as a rejection of Himself, a waste of our lives.  God alone can fill the void we feel.  What weakness(es) are you resenting that actually draw you to God?  Celebrate them, live within them and watch God burst forth. 

Truly His strength is made perfect in our weakness.  His love is completed in our obedient love of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment