Friday, May 31, 2013

Flooded toward joy!

Flooded by the treasure of grace this morning in devo time.  It is so tempting to trust in 'right' intentions and efforts or knowledge or religious structure.  Yet everyone fails.  The things we trust in fail, and we each fail in the 'doing.' 

Trusting in His grace allows my life to be 'Bethelehem' for Jesus--a place for His life to be born and to grow.  And since Bethlehem means 'house of bread,' I am reminded my life then becomes a place of nourishment for others.  That's what I want my life to be--not a gift I hoard for me but a gift I share with others.  My natural selfishness battles that desire all the time but His grace just keeps pouring down.   

Final treat from another devo:  Trust Jesus, sin dies.  Love Jesus, grace lives.  Wait on Jesus, grace grows.  See Jesus as He is, grace is perfected:  it brings life to others.

May you be flooded with thankfulness that propels you toward Jesus--so life will flow to our dying world!

No comments:

Post a Comment