Thursday, March 17, 2011

Exodus: Chapter 25

All of the treasures gathered from the Egyptians had a glorious purpose:  what an example of the truth we are 'blessed to be a blessing.'  When I read the detailed instructions given in the Old Testament, two thoughts come to mind.  First, God has a plan and it matters to Him that we listen.  Second, I wonder how many details I've missed over the years.  I take comfort in understanding that the details of the Tabernacle, like those of the Ark, have special significance...God instructs as we need, and in these specific situations, the need was tremendous. 

Perhaps you know every aspect of the Tabernacle is a 'type' or picture of our Lord and Savior.  I do not have the breadth of knowledge to go in-depth but will share some of the tidbits I have gleaned.  The symbolism in the most minute details is incredible; if you are interested, I have a book I can recommend, just zap a note.  In the meantime, enjoy!  The ark was to be made of wood but covered in gold; our Lord came in human form but His deity remained intact.  The furnishings of the Tabernacle remind us of Christ as well:  the Table is a picture of the Bread of Life; the Lampstand symbolizes Christ as the Light of the World.  God recognizes our need for constant reminders; it is exciting to see the ways He chooses to reveal Himself to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment