Saturday, November 30, 2013

Wholly Inadequate--Hallelujah!

Grace.  The best showcase for grace is our own lack.   Isn't that a beautiful plan God implemented?  Where we are whole and perfect--or at least where we present ourselves as that, we block folks from seeing God.   Paul had the credentials to support his ministry but he said the things to glory in are:  weakness, reproaches, needs, persecutions and distresses. 

Well, golly, I don't like those things.  I hate feeling inadequate or needing things.  It bothers me when folks are upset with me.  I don't like problems and distresses because they remind me who I am.  I need to grow in Christ so that I value His revelation more than my 'reputation.' 

There is a beautiful portrayal of this truth in a poem story that tells of a woman who enters heaven.  There angels weave the threads of life together.  Coming to her own quilt, she is ashamed of its threadbare appearance.  Yet as the angel lifts it up, the Light of God radiates through it with awesome beauty.  That is the truth of our lives.  May we learn to rejoice in our failings that His faultless beauty will brightly shine for others.

If you would like to read the whole story, here is a page that has it: 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment