The book of James is a feast for us who feel surrounded by yuck. "Count it JOY," James says. The message from yesterday reminded us that God has a plan for our improvement. He is not surprised by the yuck we come in contact with; He's already accounted for that and has woven it into the picture of our lives. Dark threads bring out the brighter colors in the light.
|Let's so Live in the Light our lives light the path to Jesus!|
There is a great line that says, 'We are not called to extinguish the dark; we are to simply turn on the Light.' So what did the Light of the early church look like? What should we look like as we walk through the yuck? Here's just a smattering of attributes from James.
- Patient: It is willing to suffer long.
- Wisdom seekers: It only comes from God and resonates peace, clarity, purity and mercy.
- Swift listeners: God speaks to everyone. Listen & see if you hear Him in words of others.
- Slow speakers: One who loves words struggles here. But God's talking; I need to be quieter.
- Slow to anger: because God's righteousness does not work through man's anger.
- Concerned for the hard things others face.