Tuesday, September 24, 2013

It's okay to think differently

Sweet, sweet time in the word reminding me of a few things this morning.  First, the same event may trigger different emotions.  That's okay.  We are different people with different perspectives.  The point of unity is the worship of God.  One view is not more right than another...as long as the view is that God is worthy of all praise and honor.


The other reminder was that there is an ebb and flow to all of life.  Streams become deserts; deserts become streams.  Wild areas become cities; cities become wilderness.  In all of it, God is the constant we are to seek. 

I don't know about you but I look for peace and meaning in my circumstances and surroundings.  I like to like people--and be liked by them.  I like agreement and unity of thought.  But peace comes in loving God and allowing others (and myself) to be individuals.  I'm reminded of the quote quip that says we are not called to convert people to our way of thinking.  Have a blessed day.  Love people.  Seek Christ who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  Trust Him to use that to reveal Himself to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment