Sunday, June 9, 2013

It's okay.

Ah, the joy  of sitting in the presence of the Lord.  I don't 'do devotions' because it is the right thing to do, I do them because it is the only way I have found to embrace and enjoy life fully.  God's Word brings things into a perspective that quiets my soul...Psalm 131:2 often comes to my mind. 

I read today of Elijah--coming off that incredible victory over Baal's prophets, he ran in fear from Jezebel.  Went to the wilderness and asked to die...enough he said.  But the Angel of the Lord gently cared for him and he proceeded on to Mount Horeb where God asked him a question many of us ask:  Why are you here?  Elijah was wrapped in himself with the answer...but as we read on, we see the answer.  We aren't here for the storms, our perspective is skewed (Elijah wasn't alone--God had 7000 faithful that Elijah didn't remember or know about.).  There is always more happening than we know...listen, like Elijah did, to the still small voice.  He'll direct...He will carry on His plan.  Rejoice in Him and be quiet in the chaos of life.  It's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment