Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Joy in Suffering?

Exciting bible time this morning--I'm so annoyed I slept in a bit and shortened the time I had but here's what I can share!  We Christians have a high calling...and perhaps the highest calling is to suffering...to enduring hurtful people and situations in the way of Christ for Christ's purposes.  In the midst of that, OUR hope, OUR expectation in the God of Hope will determine the outcome.  Press toward the goal of seeing Christ's love as you endure.  Magnify Jesus for yourself and others.  God took me to Phillipians this morning 1:15 and 3:10-4 specifically.  If you are struggling, camp there a bit.  I'll be back to it after I go enjoy loving folks at Christ Central!  This is a reality of faith we can all dig deeper on...join in with comments.  Have a joy-filled day.

4 comments:

  1. I recently posted some of these exact verses on my page. Suffering doesnt feel good and it also doesnt feel good to feel alone sometimes in the way you think when it goes so against the worlds views. But it helps to read in scripture that we will suffer for his names sake. The article you posted yesterday about hope has been playing in my mind as well. I want my hope to be based on what Jesus has already overcome. Please pray for me as I struggle with how to be with people when the ways of the world are so much their focus. I know we are to love but sometimes that doesnt always come across when we are trying to stand up for what we believe is right. I just dont ever want to come across as approving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree...firmly standing for our belief, learning to speak truth in love...hard stuff! I certainly will pray and think that's a valuable thing for us to all pray for one another as Christians. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another comment I failed to post up. I am sorry :).

    Daily struggle to live my life so others may come to Jesus-----I get discouraged-----------I tell them it's my job to tell them about Jesus and it's their choice if they want to live eternally without pain or sorrow and have nothing but love and peace for ever and ever or spend eternity in hell thrashing and burning and pain 24/7 forever and ever-----They have chosen the latter so far------STILL PRAYING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As promised, I revisited this with a longer thought. If you'd like, you can find it on my other blog: http://ramblingsfrombilliejo.blogspot.com/2013/06/reason-for-dark.html

    ReplyDelete