Friday, May 24, 2013

Grow love

What Solomon received, he turned into beauty in and for the kingdom.  The more he gave, the more others gave.  Love accepts what others do as their best...and that makes it so.  Harsh or even hurt responses to others just generates more of the same.  What a God!  All you ask for is that we give you all our hurt and anger, receive YOUR love and pass it on.

I keep thinking of Jacob's name change to Israel.  From usurper-taking from others to one who strives with God.  We don't need to rob from others for our fullness--we just take our struggles up with God and receive more bounty than we can hold!

3 comments:

  1. "Harsh or even hurt responses to others just generates more of the same."

    How very true this is but so hard not to react when hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Lin...finally got home to get this posted.

    Lin Watrous




    Re: Lives under Construction: Thank You for posting this one--There are people in my life that are TRULY hard to love, but I try to live my life the way God instructs us---LOVE ONE ANOTHER---My mom always taught us to treat others the way we want to be treated and Chip Ingram says People behave in a way that makes sense to them. I'm sure people wonder where I'm coming from a lot of the time---(Like my husband--He says that to me so I KNOW that's true) I've given these people over to God and I have much peace KNOWING GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME and He is already there---Please continue to pray for those I've told you about and my hubby and his health issues---God Bless You My Friend, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, I agree! I had some cool insights on this in the past week. I'm going to try to work up a 'full devo' on it. Oh, to act with love instead of react!

    ReplyDelete