Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fully following...

God's timing often amuses me.  All my readings this week have dovetailed with the passing of my father-in-law...and I just read on a 'schedule' so it is none of my own planning.  David's life created protections for Solomon because his heart was fully centered on the Lord.  Even his sins and mis-steps were under that protection (though not without consequences).   On the other hand, Solomon turned away from fully following the Lord and the legacy he left his children was damaged. Their inheritance was ripped away.  A parent's heart is almost always to do well for their children.  We have a great opportunity! There is much to distract us in this world...the momentary enjoyments will leave lasting damage.  The only safety is in setting our hearts fully on the Lord and trusting Him with today and tomorrow!  Let us choose well!

No comments:

Post a Comment