FAMILY CHAT: BULLIES
o Why are there bullies? Can God bring good?
• Proverbs 21:18; Matthew 5:9
o Can you stand up to a bully in a Godly way?
• Proverbs 4:23
• Proverbs 26:4,5
o What else does God’s Word say that might apply to dealing with bullies?
• Micah 6:8
• Luke 6:27-38;45
• Matthew 18:15-17
PAUSE to beat a bully!
• Prepare – Plan to ACT not react
• Affirm relationships. It feels easier to toss people aside BUT people—even nasty, ugly people—are God’s treasure.
• Understand God’s interest in the situation. How does He want you to grow? What might He want for the other person?
• Search for creative solutions. How can the needs and interests of all be addressed?
• Evaluate – Is it working? What do you need to do differently?